Insider Threat & Terrorism
Indicators of a Potential Insider Threat
- Encouraging disruptive behavior or disobedience to lawful orders.
- Expressing hatred or intolerance of American society or culture.
- Expressing sympathy for organizations that promote violence.
- Expressing extreme anxiety about or refusing a deployment.
- Associating with or expressing loyalty or support for terrorists.
- Browsing websites that promote or advocate violence against the U.S, or distributing terrorism literature or propaganda via the Internet.
- Expressing extreme outrage against U.S. Military operations.
- Advocating violence to achieve political / religious / ideological goals.
- Providing financial or other materiel support to a terrorist organization.
- Seeking spiritual sanctioning for or voicing an obligation to engage in violence in support of a radical or extremist organization or cause.
- Membership in an extremist or terrorist group, or adopting an ideology that advocates violence, extremism, or radicalism.
- Purchasing bomb making materials or obtaining information on bomb construction and use.
- Engaging in paramilitary training with radical or extremist organizations, either home or abroad.
- Having ties to known or suspected international terrorist organizations, extremists, radicals, or their supporters.
- An employee released from or not selected for employment, promotion, or bonus; who exhibits severe signs of PTSD, and who appears disgruntled and violent.
In isolation, these activities may not be indicators of potential violence or terrorist activity, but may indicate that the individual is at risk of becoming an Insider Threat. These activities should be reported immediately to your Chain of Command and the Fort Huachuca 902d Office.