Identification Card Section

Welcome! We are located in Whitside Hall, Building 41330.

Our Mission

  • To provide Quality personnel services support to all component Soldiers, dependents, civilians, contractors and retired personnel processing through the Identification Card Section
  • Welcome and provide assistance to newly arrived Soldiers.
  • Provide In/Out-processing of Soldiers in the Fort Huachuca area of responsibility
  • Issue Identification Cards/Tags and enroll family members in DEERS.
  • Provide a smooth transition for Soldiers separating from the United States Army.

Basic Procedures:

Customers are required to have an appointment. Customers must present 2 forms of Acceptable Identification and required documentation at the scheduled appointment. Sponsors must accompany their Family members at all times. However, this facility does accept Power of Attorney in the absence of the Sponsor, or a DD Form 1172 that is generated by a DEERS/ID Cards Facility or from trhe RAPIDS Self Service (RSS) online program, within the last 90 days. To make an appointment please go to DEERS/ID Cards Appointment System at Fort Huachuca, then follow the prompts to complete the online appointment process. You may also call (520) 533-1608/1645 and leave a message with your contact information. A Verifying Official will return your call when they are available.


Download List of Acceptable Forms of ID

Common Access Card (CAC)

  • Active Duty, Reserve, Guard, Civilian, Contractor, NAF, and AAFES
  • Promotion orders, E4 or above (if rank change)
  • Two valid forms of ID
  • AKO email address if Department of Army
  • Contractors must be verified in CVS (every time a card is issued)

Geneva Convention CAC

Contractor – Must have a SPOT LOA (Letter of Authorization) with the proper boxes checked.

Civilian -- Copy of Orders generated and completed through the DTS, or a completed and signed DD Form 1610

All individuals requesting a replacement for a lost or stolen CAC are required to present documentation from the/their local security office or CAC sponsor, confirming that the CAC has been reported lost or stolen. The individual will still be required to produce 2 forms of ID from the "acceptable form link" to acquire a new CAC.

Retired Military

DD 214 or retirement orders and two valid forms of ID

Individual Ready Reserve

(IRR) DD 214 and two valid forms of ID

Dependent ID

Sponsor must be present or have completed and signed a DD1172 within the last 90 working days

Valid Power of Attorney or signed DD 1172 may be used in lieu of sponsor presence

Spouse -- Two valid forms of ID (Medicare Card if turning age 65).

Unremarried Widow -- Two valid forms of ID (Medicare Card if turning age 65).

Former Spouse -- Two valid forms of ID (Medicare Card if turning age 65).

Dependent under age 21-- No ID necessary

Dependent over age 21 (Student)

  • Two valid forms of ID
  • Letter from an (accredited) school registrar office stating the amount of credits being taken, that they are a full time student leading to an associate’s degree or higher and the expected graduation date. Or a printout of the students enrollment record from the National Student Clearinghouse web site located at

Dependent over age 21 (Incapacitated Child)

  • Two valid forms of ID
  • Current Dependency Determination*
  • Medical Sufficiency Letter

Other Dependent (Parent, Parent-in-Law, etc)

  • Two valid forms of ID
  • Current Dependency Determination*
  • *(Dependency Determination must be completed every four years or status change)

DAV (initial issuance) -- Two valid forms of ID, letter from VA stating member is 100% disabled and authorizes commissary and exchange privileges and DD 214


Spouse -- Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Photo ID, and Social Security Card

Former Spouse -- Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree, complete set of DD 214s or statement of service, and two valid forms of ID)

Dependent Child -- Birth Certificate, Social Security Card

Newborn Child -– Newborns can be entered into DEERS within the first 90 days. Sponsor must present an original or certified copy of the birth certificate or an original certificate of live birth authenticated by the attending physician or other responsible person from a U.S. hospital or medical treatment facility.

Dependent Stepchild -- Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, and Marriage Certificate
Illegitimate child of Male Sponsor-- Birth Certificate, Social Security Card, court documentation showing paternity was judicially determined or appropriate documentation of the state with jurisdiction (where mother and child currently reside)

Adopted Child -- Final Adoption Decree, Birth Certificate, and Social Security Card

Ward -- Court documentation naming sponsor guardian for minimum of 12 consecutive months, Birth Certificate, Social Security Card

Dependent Child over age 21 (Student) -- Letter from School Registrar Office

Dependent Child over age 21 (Incapacitated) -- Current Dependency Determination, Medical Sufficiency Statement

Other Dependent (Parent, Parent-in-Law, etc) -- Current Dependency Determination, sponsor’s or spouse’s birth certificate reflecting parent’s name, and social security card

DAV -– Photo ID, Birth Certificate, letter from VA stating member is 100% disabled and authorizes commissary and exchange privileges and DD 214

Retired Military -– Photo ID, Retirement orders or DD 214

IRR -– Photo ID, DD214

Contact Information

For appointments or questions

(520) 533-1608/1645

Hours of Operations

Monday - Friday:

07:30 to 16:00

Closed for lunch:

11:30 to 12:30

This facility is closed the first Thursday morning of every month for training.


AR 600-8-14- Identification Cards for Members of the Uniformed Services, their Family Members, and other Eligible Personnel

AR 30-19

AR 60-20